Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Things (Or Subjects) You Wish You Knew More About

This is appropriate as there are a bunch of projects before me that would go far smoother if I had some more knowledge. So here goes....

  1. CAD (Computer Assisted Drafting)- I learned basic skills in this back in college but had little need to keep up on it. And with my 15 year reunion in a few weeks, that should tell you how rusty those skills are. In the various directions my career is going, I am finding that I really should know this and not rely on my husband to do all my CAD for me. 
  2. Projection Technology- We are being asked more and more to do projections for our productions. It is becoming a standard in the industry and we just aren't set up for it. A coworker and I are going to be working together on this. 
  3. Photoshop/Illustrator- I can do some basics but I am finding that I really should have some training to help when I need to design something or adjust something for work on the fly. 
  4. Gardening- it is garden time again and I just feel so overwhelmed some days. 
  5. Painting- there is always something new to learn.
  6. Cooking- I'm a fairly good cook, but I'm stuck in a rut. I think learning more would expand my culinary concoctions. 
  7. Pastry- This is an art all of its own. And a skill I am rather dodgy with.
  8. Electronics- so I could do all my own gadgety stuff without having to wait on the husband's skills.
  9. Sewing- I can never find what I want to wear, nor do I (currently) possess the skills to make such a wardrobe. Quilting falls into this category.
  10. Spinning- My wheel languishes with my lack of knowledge. Need to rectify that.  

 I am neck deep in a design project, complicated by a medication hiccup, therefore the writing has been sparse. The drawing and producing on this end has been plentiful....but the knitting/sewing/writing has been sparse.

But there should be news soon.

Hopefully.

1 comment:

Patti Miinch said...

I love the variety of your list! What a wide range of interests :0